Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tis the Season 12/18/14

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tis the Season 12/18/14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tis the Season 12/18/14

Post by Arkadi Barkov Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:25 pm

"You two feel free to keep getting acquainted." Arkadi steps into the back and makes a few phone calls.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Vlad gives Arkadi a small two finger salute before letting his attention fall back to Ash.

"You know, for someone who claims to have questions you managed to only ask one." he smirked and tilted his head. After a moment of that the man slid from his perch and then sat with his legs folded tight, a mirror to Ash close enough their knees nearly touched. "It's good to know all about that but I hope you'll forgive me if I don't spill my life's story. I will answer your question though, yes I live around here but I'm part of no Chantry. I'm no master, rather a mere disciple, but I'd be glad to do my best to help you. Not much of a dancer however." As he spoke he began idly stretching his arms out into positions that for other people could have ranged from uncomfortable to outright damaging.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Ash gave noticeable pause when he slid to the floor, and so close. Her breath caught as she looked at him, and she focused on the steady thump of her pulse.

"I'll make no demands. I thought perhaps it would help before I start spewing a bunch of naive questions. I've spouted question after question to some of the others I've met. If you could have seen the looks..."

She stifled a soft giggle with one hand, and watched the way he moved with interest. "I thought dancing was just a euphemism..." She waved the thought away before it took over her full attention - which was feeling like a losing battle.

"I don't feel very much part of the chantry myself. There's a lot of bickering and dick-waving. Is is unusual for one of us to... be so alone like that? Have you ever been part of a cabal before? Do you know what it's like?"
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:57 am

"It was a euphemism. The first time." flashing a devilish grin "But I did not want to disrespect you by treating this like a complete joke, even a sexy one. Maybe later we can get back to the subject of dancing" taking a breath he leaned forward a little.

"Anyway, did you join the Chantry? I'm surprised there aren't awakened there to join up with. From my experience being alone isn't all that odd. But it's my understanding that most mages do group up into cabals. I've never been in one. Chantries are rare though. Not been in one of those either."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:15 am

Ash's green eyes sparkled a moment. Even with a grin she couldn't fight that damn blushing she did so well.

"I..." she looked a little uncomfortable, and tugged at her sleeves. "I don't know."

"I show up. My very first night, I helped them construct some magical doors. It felt like I was useful, and they didn't turn me away, so I went back. When I'm my natural self, everything is so fucking dirty. They've noticed my tongue with mixed reactions. Some of them enjoy it, some of them don't, some of them only care for it when it suits them... Sometimes I make a stab at the jerks who are trying to take charge from the... the uh... council? I've dropped hints about cabals and what I can do to help, but I'm fairly certain I'm either unwanted, or just too new. It's hard to get to know people you only see twice a month."

She crossed her arms the way someone self-conscious would. "One of them made a comment that I must just be needing to get laid. I'm sure they don't know what to do with me. That's why meeting you suddenly is so important. Even if we don't fuck, which would be a damn shame, by the way, but you're a fucking relief. You're going to understand in ways they can't. Though bless Arkadi for trying."

She pointed to his arms, "You seem to have some kind of skill. You use it to cast?"
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:43 am

As Ash went on Vlad watched her with an intense gaze, hands in his lap. He seemed to lightly bite his lip at one point. "They got a council huh? Figures, ass holes. Well I'm all about ribbing whatever guy has a big head and reminding them they ain't as hot shit as they think, but maybe don't piss off the people in charge of the Chantry if you want to join it. Otherwise, jab away."

He glanced at his own arms with the shift in gears. "Huh? Oh, the stretching. Yeah, sorta. Depends how kinky the person I'm with is."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:17 am

Ash outwardly appears mesmerized, her lightly glazed look focused on his lip. In spite of that look, she leaned slightly inward.

"You're going to want to be careful. I've only so much self-control."

Staying where she'd leaned to. "Do you use sex to cast? How do you choose your partner? Do you ever find shutting it off is harder than starting it?" She then rose one eyebrow, seemingly amused by her own statement.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:36 am

"Being careful to not tempt others across the boundaries of their self control is... not what I'm about." Vlad let that thought linger a moment before moving on.

"I use sex for many things, but to reach a higher awareness requires more than just a bit of friction and a warm body - which is really all sex is for most people. I need a partner who is willing to do more than that. Pushing the boundaries of understanding means pushing other boundaries. Don't get me wrong, vanilla is an enjoyable flavor from time to time, but it's not special by itself. Sometimes you use it to make something else better, but stand alone, does not cut it. As for shutting it off..." one of the hands in his lap shifted in a telling way, and his tone lowered slightly. "You are assuming there is an 'off' for me."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:00 am

Gods, is this real?

Ash reveled in the feeling of her heart racing. She was grateful she wasn't standing. She looked toward his lap, and back to his face. Resisting the urge to crawl into his lap, she broke the clear moment of silence on her part.

"I lost track of my thoughts. Tell me something else. Anything, your pick."
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 am

If there was commentary from Vlad on her reaction he kept it to himself, though the cadence of his words slowed as he continued. "Actually, I wanted to ask about you. You told me somebody accused you of needing to get laid. Is that a real issue? You certainly don't strike me as repressed." aside from the obvious nature of the question, he seemed genuinely curious.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 am

Ash calmed, visibly. "Vanilla is always available. I've plenty of prospects who barely know a thing about experimenting."

Her eyes hinted at sadness. She brought a hand to the inside of her thigh where a strip of skin was visible, just below her black training shorts. "Bed room relationships that push boundaries? The kind that require trust? You could say I'm in the market due to the move." Lightly stroking that sensitive patch of skin, she watched him.

"Has that anything to do with my behavior? Doubtful."
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:53 am

As she mentioned 'prospects' Vlad smirked "Girls that look like you always do." he said a bit wistfully.

"I didn't think so, but the way you mentioned it in your story, I thought I'd ask. I wouldn't have thought it worth noting, especially since you didn't give a name to tell me 'this person is an ass hole'. Anyway, miss in the market, you let me know later if you want to have that conversation. I think the big guy's gym probably isn't the place for it."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Arkadi came back, closing what was probably a burner phone. "So, what have you kids been talking about? Anything you can catch me up on? I'm still interested in hearing more about how the two of you see the world from a magical perspective." He looked at Vlad when he said that, as he hadn't said much on the subject yet. "How do you turn this..." He quede up the music and danced the short solo routine. "Into shaping the world."

Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:16 pm

The young woman, ever watchful, found her thoughts wandering at Vlad's initial statement. What does it matter the number of prospects, if none of them are right?

She came to her feet with a smooth, slow movement, careful not to touch Vlad as she did so. She went for her bag and returned with a small piece of paper with some writing. She handed it to him, and didn't say anything else. She wouldn't need to.

When Arkadi returned she smiled genuinely. "All I have to offer is a bottle of vodka in the car. I'll grab it real quick."

Back in time for the dance routine, she had a shot ready to offer him when he was finished. If he didn't want it, she'd drink it herself. She didn't say anything when he asked the non-dancer among them about the focus. Instead she moved back to where they'd been sitting, as close as he'd sat to her except side by side. She figured he'd probably stand, but the statement had been made. Offering Vlad his own shot, she whispers, "To new friends." Then she drank, remaining silent for what would transpire.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 pm

When Ash passed the note he glanced it briefly before slipping it into his pocket.

Vlad laughed a little as he watched Arkadi dance. It wouldn't be the first time the large man had Vlad laugh at him for his dancing - regardless of skill level. It was all good natured though. "Well I imagine there are some subtle nuances that our lovely Alessandra could explain better-" he turned his head to smirk at her before glancing back at Arkadi. "but I expect the principals are similar to what I do. Pushing the body, letting rhythm and pulse overtake you, and of course the altered state of experience that comes with the adrenaline and enjoyment, aids in expanding perception. Doing is a function of understanding, even in mundane matters. And understanding requires perception. By pushing limitations you begin to see, so you can begin to understand, so you can begin to do. That's the foundation, at least as best as I can explain it. I've never had a student before. Though I wouldn't mind changing that." again his gaze was drawn to Ash.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:15 pm

"I confess, I'm not much of a dancer usually. I had to ask the world to remind my soul what dance felt like. But I'm sure I'd have a fine teacher." He smiled at the ballerina and gladly took her shot, though he closed his eyes and looked to be focusing just after. He did open his eyes and continue their conversation after a second. "She's been doing a wonderful job of explaining so far, but of course a second perspective is not unwelcome. I think I follow pretty well so far. I wouldn't intrude on your lessons, but this whole thing does intrigue me. I appreciate you're not a Tradition opposed to sharing your perspective. If there were any Hermetics here, they'd...well, they wouldn't be."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Ash smiled knowing Vlad was watching. She prepared another shot for herself. Replacing the cap, she made the bottle accessible to the guys. It wouldn't take much for her, and she wanted to be able to drive later, but they were welcome to it.

She didn't expand on what Vlad had said. After Arkadi spoke, "There were new Hermetics in town. One if them is throwing a fancy party. Asked me to take his friend. They were nice enough. Seemingly amused by a few of my antics. I got the impression they don't favor Hollow Ones, so when I mentioned some of the people around, I left your name out of it." She drank the shot, and didn't flinch.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:30 pm

"Hermetics. Bah. Bunch of stodgy old wizards in their towers." Vlad made a dismissive wave "I wouldn't go to any Hermetic party if they paid me. I'd rather go to a fancy party with rich businessmen and models and artists and such, at least those people have an appreciation for people like me as more than just a novelty." The words seemed fierce but were stated with a rather blase' attitude. He picked up the bottle.

"I'd rather go clubbing with you-" he said gesturing to Arkadi "or... well do anything at all with you-" then turning to Ash with a grin "than go cavorting about with some buzzkill wizards."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Arkadi pretended to frown. "I do enjoy clubbing with you and your vampire friends, but now I don't feel very pretty, Vlad. Do I need to shave some time?"

He smiled again, nodding at his assessment of Hermetics. "It's true. The only reason they have so much respect from most of the community is that they spend so much of their time in dusty libraries, and not out living their lives. Yisrael seems pretty okay. A little less stodgy than their Master, Munther. Feel free to mention me all you like, unless you're worried about your image. I've fought for this place and these people. But humility is not a defining trait of most Awakened. Hermetics don't like Hollow Ones because they don't understand us. We don't fit inside their four walls, and so we must be wrong. But don't think for a second that they think highly of The Cult of Ecstasy, either. They are politicians in robes. But enough about them."

There was a strange knock, not unlike Vlad's, and the bear mage walked to the door of his shop. He brought a couple of what looked like fruit baskets inside, but when he got closer, bottles of relatively expensive liquor were peaking out. There was a crystal skull in each, a bottle of vodka called Hammer & Sickle, some Gentleman's Jack, and Patron Platinum. between the bottles, a tightly bound bag of what was likely week, and when he sat a basket down by each of them, a slight rattle could be heard of an otherwise obscured tiny case on the bottom of labeled pharmaceuticals. "I put together my own token of our friendship, which I hope you'll both accept."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Amusement written on her face, she lightly shoulder checked Vlad with her own. "Well at least I know where I stand. Slightly above Hermetics."

She stood easily enough, already feeling a little warm. "Yisrael is my date for the party. He's not so bad, for being so straight-edge. He thought my blushing meant I'm modest. I just like the way it feels."

Walking over to the music, her hips swayed with a little something extra. "Anything you want to hear?" She looked between the boys. When the package arrived, she looked at it with a whistle.

"Guess I'll need a cab tonight."
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:43 pm

"My gorgeous Alessandra, it's me I was hoping you'd be above at some point."

"Arkadi, you do you, but sorry sweetheart the fuzzy face doesn't work for me."

After the gift baskets were delivered Vlad smiled brightly. It was like a kid on Christmas. "Aw bud... I didn't get you anything. I've got some time still though." he grins and then proceeds to begin drinking the Hammer & Sickle as though it were water. "Ash, baby, play whatever song makes your clothes fall off."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:35 am

"Set a date, handsome, I'll take it off." He tugged his beard a little.

Arkadi was cetainly interested in any show Ash wanted to put on for them. "This song calls to me. Unless you have a better suggestion." He still had his phone synced to the speaker from his own impromptu dance number, and he put a little something on in suggestion, though he certainly wouldn't be unhappy if she chose something different.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:06 am

Ash all but gaped at Vlad. She slowly walked over to where he was, and brought her face right next to his to whisper in his ear. "Is that an order?" she asked, suggestively, lingering but a moment before pulling away to inspect the delivery.

"Ah, limes and salt." The items were pulled from the bag. "Body shots of tequila are my favorite."

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:34 am

Before Ash pulled away, in that moment she lingered, he replied also in a whisper "I think you mean, 'is that an order master'."

Vlad's eyes lingered on her even as he spoke to the Hallow one, watching her expectantly. "Arkadi, don't shave just on my account. I won't be offended. We both know you get plenty of attention from it." chuckling as he drank more.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:41 am

He'd broken into his own bottle, but was happily drinking from the crystal skull instead. "Apparently not." He didn't sound offended, just observant that they had something going on right now that didn't involve him.

"Have either of you considered taking up a martial art? I'd love to have some more students."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum