Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tis the Season 12/18/14

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tis the Season 12/18/14 Empty Tis the Season 12/18/14

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:23 am

Ash made her way through the crowd of a leaving class, over to the open floor where Arkadi was cleaning the giant mirror. She settled herself, removing her thick winter jacket and using the restroom before returning to wrap her arms around the Hollow One from behind. Planting an affectionate kiss on his cheek, she practically glowed as she greeted him. "Thanks again," she whispered quietly to him.

She turned to ready her warm up song.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Tis the Season 12/18/14 Empty Re: Tis the Season 12/18/14

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:39 am

Arkadi noticed her arrival, but let her get situated. He smiled at her kiss. "You're very welcome. Anytime, of course." Taking a moment to lock the door, he turned and watched her get ready. It was obvious he liked the way she looked, but he was also curious to actually see her dance this visit. He'd met other Ecstatics, but a lot of them used drugs and partying as their means for changing the world. Letting her do her thing, he leaned against the wall and watched in fascination.

Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am

Not long after fumbling with her phone, she placed it into the dock for her portable speakers. As Kansas began to play, she took her place for a high-energy, modern warm up routine she clearly done over and over again. It was as if the lyrics held significance.

She stopped after a few minutes, and turned down the music. Absently scrolling through her list, "What's on your mind?"

She prepared the next song to play, but didn't press start until he answered her.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 am

Arkadi laughed gently at her question. "You, right now. Hard to think of other things, watching you move. But really, I'm curious to know why dance. How come dancing connects you to the universe? Helps you keep perfect time? I'm fascinated by how you do what you do. I could show you some of my martial arts moves, but I don't think they'd be quite as poetic."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:37 am

At his question, she knew which song she wanted to dance to next. It's a routine she'd been working on after watching a video online. "When I'm dancing, I feel a deeper connection to the heartbeat of the universe. I'm reaching into the very depths of visual and musical influence. That pull can be fierce; entrancing. Depending on the dance, and the song, there are few you can't... influence."

A coy smile crossed her lips. "Here. Try to concentrate on the lyrics and the routine at the same time. I want to be one with the pulse."

She pressed play for Sail.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Just a second before the music could drown out the sound there is a knock at the door. It is stern, but taps out an odd rhythm - so probably not the cops.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 pm

When Arkadi heard the knock, he pursed his lips. If Ash looked like she'd heard it and was going to stop her routine, he gestured for her to continue while he checked the door. If it was Doctor Ion full of bullets again, he probably wouldn't be so kind as to leave him in one perforated piece. He opened the door, and looked at Vlad, though most of his attention still remained on the lithe lady inside. "Is that your, 'it's not the cops' knock? I like it. Your Ecstatic Senses must have been going off. Come in, Ash is showing me her routine."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:10 pm

((The dance routine starts about a minute in, in the link in my previous post if you were wondering.))

When the music stopped, perspiration glistened her skin. She drug a hand through her hair to clear it from her face. She'd danced with it loose this time. When she looked toward Arkadi and his friend, her eyes held a far off expression.

She walked over to her bottle of water and took a swig before approaching gracefully. "Hi, I'm Ash," she said before extending a hand for a shake.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Vlad smiled wide as he saw Arkadi "Yeah, you know it. Got to make sure they hear you but don't mistake you." His voice started very mid-western, and ended russian. It was clear that when not interacting with the Hallow One that he was acclimated to the region. "Ash?" With some interest he steps in to join Arkadi in watching the dance.

Somewhere in the middle of the routine he nods approvingly whispering to his friend "Ah, Ecstatic Sense, I see."

When the dancer approached he grinned. "Hi, Vladimir, a pleasure to meet you Ash." taking the extended hand and giving a firm brief shake.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:47 pm

In the moment he shook her hand, she inhaled any significant scents and looked him over for any identifying tradition markers. When he let go, she found herself dwelling on the firm feel of his hand, and the cool floor beneath her bare feet.

Though it was likely safe, she wanted to be sure. "I'm new in town, but I don't think I've seen you around yet. Friend of Arkadi's?"

She glanced at Arkadi, hoping the hint was blatantly obvious.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Arkadi spoke to Ash as they shook. "Vlad is a member of the Cult of Ecstasy as well. He's...mostly harmless. We've had a few nights of partying together, but I can't recall if he's much of a dancer. Vlad, Ash here was just telling me about dancing to the heartbeat of the universe. Is that something you're familiar with?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:37 am

"A friend of sorts." he winked to the woman.

As the Hallow One spoke Vlad began to walk a small meandering circle around Arkadi and Ash. "Familiar with it. But not so capable of tuning in on my own. Usually need a partner, and the word 'dance' becomes a euphemism for what's really going on."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Another Ecstatic.

As Vlad rounded behind them, she felt her cheeks flush. She was focused enough that she looked downward, and raised her hands to feel the heat from the rush of blood.

"Always trying to get closer to it. Don't always need a partner, but a partner always makes better, more in tune..."

Memories surfaced that caused her to pale. Her mouth felt dry, and she swallowed to quell the nausea.

"Master," she said quietly, finding her voice again. "I saw flyers. I heard there's a Cultist in town that might be able to teach. I need a teacher," she said more firmly, turning to face the newcomer.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Arkadi's smiled in quiet amusement when she mentioned a partner making it better. A brief touch of concern crossed his face when she went pale, and an eyebrow raised when she asked about a teacher.

"I always fancied myself a fighter, but the more and more I welcome people into my gym, I start to realize I'm a facilitator. I hope you'll both consider leaving room on your dance cards for me."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 pm

He winked to Arkadi "Always" before Ash once more commanded his attention.

"Master?" the man cocked a brow and gave her an obvious once over. "I like the way that sounds but I don't think I'm the guy you're looking for." with a chuckle he ceased his predatory movements and stood still. "I'm happy to talk shop, give you a few lessons but I don't know how much I have to offer about universal heart beats. What are you? Initiate? Disciple?"
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:38 am

Ash looked looked at Arkadi, agreeing as Vlad said always. It had been the exact word on the tip of her tongue. Casually, she turned toward him. As he gave her the once over, she closed a bit of the gap between them.

"Master," restated seductively. After a beat she continued.

"I'm an apprentice. It's amazing to meet another Cultist. I must admit, I'm excited. You're like Christmas."

She backed up, to head closer to Arkadi.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:10 am

Arkadi smiled happily at them both for their natural kindness. "I'm thankful to know you both."

If Ash moved within arms reached, he hooked his hand around her in a light embrace, spinning her. "This is a funny thought, but the three of us could form a Cabal if you were both interested. You two can be colleagues."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 am

Vlad grinned widely when she purred that word, humming his approval.

"I'm nothing like Christmas, for reasons of an innuendo that I refuse to say it's so cheesy. As for forming a Cabal, regardless of interest I just met Ash. And I know I'm easy, but I would need time to see how we get along first." he paused a beat, biting his lip. "Which I suspect will be very well, but we don't really know yet."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 am

Ash returned Arkadi's embrace fondly. Letting go, she looked between them. Again her cheeks flushed, and again she lifted her hand to feel the heat with obvious enjoyment of the rush.

"Fuck." She murmured. "I've never been part of a cabal," she whispered honestly, "but I imagine I've not enough panties for the one you're suggesting."

She silently cherished the moment. It was the most comfortable she'd been since she moved to town, strange though it may be. Ash's gaze raked slowly over Vlad as if there weren't any clothes in their way.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:47 am

He leaned conspiritorialy towards Ash, but spoke loudly enough that Vlad could easily hear on the other side of her. "They are nice window dressing, but no panties is also an acceptable number, for the sort of cabal that I have in mind."

Noticing her gaze on Vlad, he also looked the man over, then to Ash and back to him, giving him a look that asked if he was thinking the same thing.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Though the man seemed oblivious to Ash's eyes that were upon him he conspicuously struck a pose of sorts. With a small smirk he merely tilted his head curiously in reply to Arkadi's unspoken inquiry.

"I dunno about a cabal just yet. But I'll keep it in mind. A few steps need to be between this and that."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Not unaware of the unspoken communications, "It's truly no rush. I'm eager to get to know you, too, Vlad. I don't want to ruin it. I have plenty of questions myself."

She looked at them both once more, but never reallys stopped watching Vlad. Saying to Arkadi, "What I meant was that being around you two will inevitably make me so wet I'll need to change them often."

"So where do we start? Or did you boys have something else in mind tonight?"
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:14 pm

"We could dance, or drink, or sing, or fuck, or fight. I'm flexible. Like Poison said, 'Don't need nothing but a good time'." Arkadi folds his arms across his chest and flexes his pecks once, tossing a wink at Ash.

He looked to Vlad, wondering when the party boy was gonna turn on the switch. "What do you day, wanna paint the town red, or maybe just paint someone white? I could get whatever you party favors people wanted with a call."

Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:04 pm

"I love you Arkadi, but your innuendos are as subtle as clubs. Fists may be blunt, but wit should be sharp. Don't make Ash's clearly keen Ecstatic humor dull." He walked forward and flashed her a grin "I understood what you meant."

Vlad moved past them and then looked for a stack of training mats or something otherwise soft and waist-high to sit on. "I wasn't expecting to meet anyone new from my Tradition, and while I'm up for some fun, I'd like to hear the questions she has for me first. If people pass party favors, well whatever's clever."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:16 am

Looking at Arkadi, she shrugged. "Anything sounds good right about now. Nothing too heavy."

Ash moved to sit in front of Vlad, but on the floor. She sat indian style with little effort, and looked up at him."My name is Alessandra. I was a child of the foster system. I got out by winning a scholarship to a fancy dance school in New York City. The world became real not long after I met my partner. He was my teacher and taught me everything I know, but tragedy struck and I lost him. I've not had all that much interaction with mages, especially after he died. I've been here almost two months. I'm looking to plan for the future and I was hoping to find others of our tradition. I don't know what I was expecting but..."

She lost a little concentration as her words trailed off. She quickly shook it away. "Anyway, I have to start by dusting off the rust. It's been a bit tricky not knowing where to start. I know I haven't seen you around the chantry yet. Do you live around here?
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum