Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brotherly Love (10/22/14)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brotherly Love (10/22/14) Empty Brotherly Love (10/22/14)

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Arkadi unlocked the door and held it for Tori. It was your average hole-in-the-wall shopping center dojo, of sorts. Next to the small trophy case of his students' was a big red flag with hammer and sickle, om the other wall an American flag. At some point this place must have been a Chinese restaurant, because it smelled like greasy fried rice and other unhealthy deliciousness. A rice paper partition in the back led to a smaller room where he likely made his bed and stored supplies.

"Are you and your brother both in the Cult of Ecstasy?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Brotherly Love (10/22/14) Empty Re: Brotherly Love (10/22/14)

Post by Tori Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:39 pm

She barely got into the door before the vial came out of her purse and she was laying out a nice mess of powder on the back of her hand.

She was sniffing as much of it as she could as quickly as she could while he spoke barely taking in the area around her. There would be plenty of time for that later, right now she just wanted to feel better she wanted to feel anything anything else.

"My brother is just my brother. I don't think he understands what I am. All he knows is that I've got his back. We've been everything for each other. For some fucking reason, I decided a couple weeks ago was a good time to go on a bender when he had business to do.I got real fucked up, spend some time with some free thinking guys. I missed a call from him I was supposed to be there in case he needed some kneecaps busted. I came to a couple hours later in a pile of my own vomit and he was gone not at home his car was still there, he didn't answer his phone I don't have any idea where his merchandise even is. I was supposed to be there and now he's gone. Fuck!"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:16 pm

"Hey, Cokie McDrug-fiend. Calm your shit down, alright? Can you maintain? I'd rather not have to drag you to an emergency room. I already said I was going to help you find your brother. Snorting Mt. Fuji isn't going to help that."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 am

When she laughed it was sincere, deep belly laugh. "Aw, don't be mad, daddy... This girl likes to play hard. It just so happens that mount Fuji here helps me focus my shit. It's all good."

She walked over to him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I don't know you, and you have no reason to help. So, thanks. You know. For helping. I can pay in drugs or skin. But that's all I got. See Johnny was the brains of the operation... He kept the money."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Ion Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

Always one to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, a man opens the door just as the words "but that's all I got" are spoken.

As he walks towards the pair, he recognizes Arkadi and a light glints off his spectacles. He nods to himself. His demeanor is that of someone who has been to hell and back. He is wearing black slacks, red button up shirt with a grey laptop bag slung over one shoulder and is holding an umbrella.

"Don't sell yourself short." He flashes a smile.
Doctor Ion
Doctor Ion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 am

The young woman smiles, and wraps her arms around Arkadi's neck, practically hanging off of him before turning to face the newcomer.

"Oh, well then." She says with a half lidded smile. "It's gonna be that kinda party eh?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

"Ion, I suggest you find somewhere to be till morning if you want to be welcome in my gym again in the future. These are not my business hours. Stop by tomorrow if you'd really like to talk." Hoping the fact that the doc had seen him rip the jaw off of a xenomorph would encourage him, he ignores Tori for the moment.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Ion Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Confused at the response, Ion looks around momentarily as if he is suddenly unsure of where and when he is. Your average shopping center dojo. He looked down at his watch. 3:23PM. GMT? Why was it night time suddenly.

He looks like he is about to say something and then clenches his fist. Taking a deep breath he holds his side as a bit of darker red blossoms underneath the left side of his shirt. He moves the messenger bag to hide it.

"I'm far too exhausted for this. But I see exactly how much a promise from you is worth."

To Tori before turning around. "Nice meeting you."
Doctor Ion
Doctor Ion

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Arkadi doesn't look at the doctor when he replies. "It pays to phone ahead."

Hooking an arm around her waist, he listens for the sound of the door closing before he says, "There's a bed in the back. Make yourself comfortable and I'll make a few calls."

Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:42 pm

She grins. "You got it,  big boy..."  She lets go and stumbles to the room, laying out a few rails for them both and taking off her shirt,  since clearly it was party time.

If he was longer than a few minutes,  he might find her crashed out instead of prepped for a party.

Last edited by Tori on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Arkadi wasn't a very good man, but he was certainly a man of his word. Altogether, it probably took him less time to make the calls than it did for her to take her shirt off, which was a great way to find her when he found his way to the room. After locking the door this time, of course. He gladly accepted her payment while his people looked into things.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 pm

After the glow of recreation and non-prescription medications began to wear off, Tori would grow antsy, looking around the dojo at any weapons that might be strewn around and gauging their quality.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:32 pm

There was nothing exciting hung on the walls. There were a few bo staffs on his corner of the room. Wide awake after the transaction, he watched her grow antsy and leafed through the drawer at his bedside. He started to roll a joint and spoke to her. "I have got people all over looking for Johnny. I'll hear back as soon as one of them knows something. A friend showed me that weed is helpful for coming off coke. Do you want to split this with me?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:10 pm

"Hell yes." She says, relaxing somewhat. Coming down was what she feared most right now. She'd sit down next to him, happy to be partially dressed.

"So do you squat here? Are you the janitor?" she'd ask, desperate to fill the empty space filling with unwanted thoughts.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

"No. This is my gym. I teach boxing and martial arts here." He grabbed a lighter and started up their medicine, before passing it to her.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

"No shit?" she'd ask, raising a curious eyebrow at him. She would sit down next to him, trying to stave off the jitters and inevitable crash. She'd take the joint and take a generous pull. Holding in the smoke easily exhaling halfway through her next few words.

"So a big assed Russian mountain man teaches martial arts? What were you running from?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 am

"I've never lived in a mountain, by the way. I might be a mountain of a man, but I've always lived in the city. I teach martial arts here because my old Master used to live here. And I left home because I was running from none of your business right now." He lets her keep that joint and rolls himself another.

"So what's with keeping all your stuff on? You hiding one of what I've got? Because I might be ok with that." His tone said he was perfectly okay with that.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 am

She takes the joint and shoots him a deadly look. "You know what, you go fuck yourself! You want to get laid so bad, go find a fucking prostitute!"

She grabs her shirt and the small bag that seems to hold her worldly possessions and throws what is left of her clothes on, storming out of the back room.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am

"I'll be sure to say hello to Johnny for you." The inflection in his voice suggested saying hello involved a butane torch and a baseball bat. Or maybe one of those fighting staffs in the corner...

He grabbed his boots from under the bed and started putting them on and lacing them up.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 am

"Oh hell no." she drops her bags on the floor and stomps over to him, intent to punch him square in the face. Her own is a mask of rage.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 am

Blood flew from his mouth, and you could hear quite a few teeth clatter on the concrete floor. He smiled at her, and started to laugh. It wasn't a menacing laugh by itself. Quite cheerful, actually. But his teeth formed back in his mouth while he did, and the blood in his mouth cleared away. "I like you, Tori. Let's not try that again."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 pm

She smiles as she strikes him, but her smile fades as the magic heals it all. She stares him down with barely controlled rage. "Let me get one thing clear. You never. ever threaten my brother...I will kill someone who touches a hair on his head. With extreme prejudice."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm

A growl, not unlike a bears, escapes his throat. " If you'll permit me to make one thing clear as well." Arkadi stood as he spoke, letting his size add emphasis. "You are in no position to threaten me. I am your best opportunity for finding your brother in this shithole, and I know everyone who may have even remotely heard of him. And while I am impressed with your strength, I do not fear it. So it would be in your best interest to apologize for striking me. And all will be forgotten."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:50 pm

She steps in closer her chest pressing against his. She is breathing hard, anger making her tremble. "You swear to me that you will not hurt him, and I will...he is the only thing in this asshole of a world I give half a fuck about. He's the only thing I'd be this mad about...tell me I can trust you with him, and I will apologize."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 pm

"You insulted me in my home. If you think I let such things go lightly, you have another thing coming. But sure. This one time, because you intrigue me. If I find your brother, I won't hurt him. But that agreement is predicated on you showing me the proper respect. Is that clear as well?" He clenched his fists and waited to hear what she had to say.
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum