Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Alliance

2 posters

Go down

A New Alliance Empty A New Alliance

Post by Magister Munther Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Dorian walks slowly up to the hall, a cloth grocery bag slung over his shoulder and an open book in his hand. As he neared the building the magus closed the small black book and - if the doors were closed knocked, or if they were open walked in - tucking the book in his pocket as he did.
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

A New Alliance Empty Re: A New Alliance

Post by Beovyn Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Beovyn was busy working the bellows on his small forge, when he caught motion out of the corner of his eye. When he recognized the visitor he gave a nod.
"Welcome back. As usual any food or drink are yours."

He wiped a rag across his forehead, streaking the black soot.
What brings you out?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 pm

"Thanks." With a nod he dropped the bag near the fire and helped himself to some chunky mead, smiling silently at the horror of someone who wasn't there. He then opened the bag and removed several cuts of high quality meat, and then rather unceremoniously tossed them on the fire.

After a moment Dorian approached the forge area and, though keeping his distance, seemed to closely examine the work being done. "I wanted to bring a proposal to you. I feel in the current climate of the city those of us still operating as individuals are at a disadvantage. But we can overcome that, by ceasing to operate as individuals. I propose an alliance. Call it what you want, cabal, coven, whatever. But if we begin to form a power base, we can stand stronger than we ever would apart."
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 pm

He repositioned a red hot piece of metal that was resting on the coals. It's shape wasn't yet defined. After he was satisfied with its positioning he directed his attention back to Dorian. After a moment of consideration he nodded.

"Makes sense to me."

He took a swig from the mug nearest the forge.

"I'm in."

"How do these things work these days?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 am

"Well, however the magi involved wish it to work." The Hermetic stepped back to the fire and, using the nearest sharp object, retrieved the earlier deposited cuts of meat and laid them on the most convenient dish around. Carrying the food back towards Beovyn, Dorian set it where it could be reached and took a bit for himself.

"If you want us to swear oaths, or sign contracts, shake hands, make magical pacts, or just agree to act in each other's interest. The Hermetic Order is partial to oaths, but I don't expect everyone to have my fondness for them."

Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:07 am

Beovyn tore off a chunk of the offered food, and chewed on it as he thought.

"Oaths sealed with blood pacts would sit best with me." he said before washing the rest of the bite down with a gulp from his mug.

"Blood pacts being magical pacts of course."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 am

"Excellent, we shall devise an appropriate oath, construct a ritual around it. It will stand as initiation for any others who would join us."

With a smile he lifted his mug, took a bite of meat, and washed it down.

Last edited by Magister Munther on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum