Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Promise of Philosophy [12/30/14]

2 posters

Go down

A Promise of Philosophy [12/30/14] Empty A Promise of Philosophy [12/30/14]

Post by Vlad Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Earlier in the evening, just as the sun was starting to set on the short winter day, a knock would strike firm and arrhythmic on the gym door.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

A Promise of Philosophy [12/30/14] Empty Re: A Promise of Philosophy [12/30/14]

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:44 am

The familiar face unlocks and opens the door, holding a black and gray fox in his arms. "You're a man of your word. Welcome, come inside."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Vlad smiles when he sees Arkadi but hesitates only briefly at the sight of the animal. "I try to be. It tends to work out in the long run." The ecstatic's demeanor recovers quickly and he is stepping with a new grin. "I'll let you know, your friend won't have any place in what I have to say."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Arkadi nodded when he talked about things working out in the long run. "I agree." He walked them further in, and took a seat on the mat, nodding for the Ecstatic to join him.

The bear mage looked confused when Vlad referred to his 'friend'. "My friend? Are you talking about my little Raina here? I promise you she won't have much to say on the subject. I don't usually bring her out around company, she frightens easily. So where did we leave off, the last time you were here? Tapping into sensation, yes?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:22 pm

"Well Raina is adorable."

With a nod he sat in a rather casual posture "I... don't remember very clearly to be honest." Vlad laughed a little at his own lack of memory and "I know I was trying to wing it with explaining dance, which isn't really my forte. So perhaps we should start over with something more up my alley. Sensation is a good place to start anyway I guess." a beat passed as the man seemed to be thinking. "Tell me, what would you describe as the most and least pleasant sensations you've experienced."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Arkadi let the fox down to scamper away. "Least pleasant sensation isn't too hard. My body heals itself faster than normal, and I was recently poisoned and shot with bullets that were attempting to burrow into my flesh. They were unable to make purchase because my body was healing, but they continued to burrow for a while till someone removed them. The most pleasant? I've had some interesting times experimenting with tantric yoga."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:36 pm

"Those are both good examples. Very extreme ends of the spectrum. So.." Vlad grinned and took half a second to collect his thoughts. "Do you remember those experiences well? Would you say that your mindset was altered by it? Focus on those experiences, and the differences in your existence between most every moment of being and then those moments. Focus on how the world was different in those moments relative to your perspective. Try to recall them for me."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

"Not so much altered by the second, but I was certainly changed after that shot to the chest. During the Tantra, I lost my sense of self. I felt my nerves connecting to everyone around me. The Akashics teach that we are all one mind observing itself simultaneously. That's the closest I've ever felt, and it's always through sensation that I near that sense of oneness. While my body tried to heal, I felt many things as well. Seething red rage at my attacker, pain seemingly without end, eventually numbness that insulated me from the world until I started to heal and felt only bliss. Not the first time this has happened, only the most recent."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 pm

"And with every feeling, every sensation, your perspective changed. Now first you must recognize that every one of those perspectives... is correct. They are all true. And they are all true simultaneously. By holding on to those different states of being you can begin to see the whole truth. It's not unlike that one mind idea, but ultimately different. Each mind is separate. It's by sharing experience that we can begin to blend perspectives. If all minds were one, the interaction would not be needed for enlightenment."
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum