Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thrones of enlightenment [6/20]

2 posters

Go down

The thrones of enlightenment [6/20] Empty The thrones of enlightenment [6/20]

Post by Magister Munther Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 pm

In a smaller study on the ground floor, Dorian sits with a thick tome penned in an ancient and long dead tongue. Occasionally he shoots an impatient glance at the door, but otherwise sits and reads silently.
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

The thrones of enlightenment [6/20] Empty Re: The thrones of enlightenment [6/20]

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:08 pm

The room is quaint, filled with books for reading, wingback chairs for comfort and a small desk that has a vintage desk lamp with a half cylinder, green glass shade.  Eventually Harlan would enter the room wearing black jeans, a Static Shock T-Shirt and purple converse sneakers. In his hands, is a box, wooden and plain.  

"Magister Munther, I'm glad you're here.  Now that the council has actually formed, it will need a space to call it's own.  To that effort I have put the finishing touches the council chamber."

Harlan walked behind the desk and took a seat placing the wooden box in front of him.   

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

The thrones of enlightenment [6/20] Empty Re: The thrones of enlightenment [6/20]

Post by Magister Munther Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 pm

With the arrival of Harlan the older Hermetic offers a small smile before his expression returns to a neutral state as he stands. The dusty old tome is closed and dropped gently on the previously occupied chair. 

"Excellent, I'm sure you're taste will prove fitting. We just may make a real council of magi out of them yet. May we go there now? I would so love to see it."
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Harlan took the compliment and nodded.

"Yes, you may see them.  Actually, I have your key right here.  Let's see if I got the enchantments right."

Opening the wooden box, with the lid swinging towards the Master, Harlan quickly picks out a small, blue rock. Upon examination it would appear to be a lapis lazuli to the trained eye.  

"Here you are.  If you could just "sign" for that with your resonance please?"

With the question he hands the lapis to Dorian.

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:13 pm

"Hmm..?" reaching out Dorian picks up the stone and examines it closely. "Pretty sophisticated magic for a key. Is the Council chamber in a sub realm? What is so special about the room that warrants this?"

After a long moment the Magister's eyes refocus from the stone to Harlan. 
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:34 pm

"Yes, the enchantment is complex. It was part of my Thesis when I graduated from the Straussen Academy.  It's certainly evolved since then.  Actually, this is the first time I'm going to employ it in a practical manner.

Harlan moved from behind the desk and began to walk out the door as he talked.

"The council chamber is not a sub-realm it would be too easy to trap the council inside and cut them off from the world.  I call it the "Doistepp Mistake" something I don't intend to repeat.  Horizon Realms, while useful are a liability.  It is much safer to take advantage of a Node's natural predisposition to melt holes in the wall between worlds.  Besides, this location's Horizon Realm is being used for other experiments of mine."  

The pair reached a  7 foot tall double door made of a peculiar metal.  

"I've worked very hard to gather materials, artifacts, and work enchantments for this chamber.   But I'm sure you have questions before we enter."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

"I'm ashamed to admit I never personally read your thesis, just heard about the heads it turned, and in general what the subject matter was. I'll have to do so now though." Dorian followed and eyed the door silently a moment, turning the stone in his hand over idly a few times.

"I am curious what to expect. Not that I don't have confidence in your abilities, but I would like to know what measures you have put in place..." gaze turning towards his tradition mate. "...other than the obvious."
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:08 pm

"Well, that stone is actually the vessel for a enchantment that bonds with the signer one their resonance is invoked.  As you know, an individual's resonance can be like a signature. Using the Ars Potentiae and the Ars Mentis, the enchantment weaves itself into your very pattern and essence turning you into a key for the chamber.  Further application of the Ars Mentis ensures that the key, you, are not used with out your consent"

"Since this employs Naming Magic, It can't be used with your consent."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 am

Dorian nodded slowly and grasped the stone tightly. Closing his eyes the magus began chanting softly in a strange alien tongue, his voice bearing an inhuman ring that filled the hall with a thunderous intonation, every endless echo a flawless mirror of the original in a heated calamity that threatened to shake the walls apart. Then nothing.

He opened his eyes and smirked. "It is done. Let's see the chamber."
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:35 am

The Doors open for them as they stepped forward.

Inside, there were walls made of stone and mortar but they had an overlay...a soft purple haze. The whole room had it.  Nine Fauteuil chairs sat in a circle facing each other with desks in front of them. On their backs are the symbols for each Sphere. Glowing, on the back of one of the chairs is the Symbol for Forces.  

"Here we are Magister Munther."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 am

With a smirk Dorian steps eagerly to his seat, running his hand over the upholstery then tracing the symbol with a finger before sitting down. Gazing over the desk the magus immediately began to check it's contents.

"I like it. Anything else I should know?"
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:44 am

Within the desk the Hermetic finds a Pen and a Stationary.

"Well it will not be possible to let someone who is not of the council or my self in this room.   It is not a simple Ban that keeps people away the ephemera of this place will not accept their existence here with our one of our say so. Likewise, with some help I have destroyed the concept of the things that reside here and woven their Names into  this place."

Harlan walks around the chamber while giving his explanation.

"This will act as a Ritual Chamber for the council and thus is a shared Sancta. This place is also capable of hosting Certamen if that really becomes necessary but I would certainly hope it doesn't."

The wizkid, takes a look at some of the chairs and then walks back to Dorian

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:03 am

"A multi-paradigm sanctum? Selective universal consensus manipulation through conceptual dissociation, followed by counter-reinforcements via local nomanclatural enhancements? Not to mention the spiffy chairs with glowing symbols. You put a lot of work into this, with powerful and dangerous magicks. I know you're dedicated to the traditions, but this is a bit much. We aren't just another of your experiments, are we?"

Dorian stared hard at Harlan, then smirked and began drumming his fingers over the arm of his chair. "More importantly, is the symbol on my seat for show? Or does it actually do something?"
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:39 am

"Magister Munther, I can assure you that in this instance, you are not one of my experiments.  However I do believe that you will be a constant reminder why the Ars Cupidae is so vital even in this day."

Gesturing to the chairs next to him.

"The chairs have been aligned geomantically and act as  "lenses" to gather and refract quintessence along the sacred lines in this room for a few reasons.
One, it allows the space to expand beyond its self.   

Two, with out being attuned to this room it could become quite confounding." 

Three, it makes the working of the craft easier here.  But I would ask that you restrict such things to council business only."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Munther Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm

A few moments are spent shifting in the seat, until after a bit Dorian settles and nods in approval. "Very comfortable..." with that he stood up and wandered back towards the door. "Well I can certainly see how much effort you put into this. I hope you get whatever you seek out of this endeavor. I'd hate too see incompetence of others ruin your plans."
Magister Munther
Magister Munther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum