Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harsh Lessons

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Harsh Lessons  - Page 4 Empty Re: Harsh Lessons

Post by Beovyn Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:13 pm

He stepped away from the forge just enough to get a good look at her.
"Is it the drug you need or the transaction? If it's the drug, then we can take it from them. Then I watch you while you use it. After that I can replicate what it does to you, and you don't have to do anything else that you weren't already going to do. Your choice though."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:26 pm

She seems to grow nervous at the thought. "You know that sometimes, you don't have to use magic for everything... Hell, I try never to use it. And if we kick their asses, then Johnny won't be able to do business with them when he gets back."

"And I don't mind getting roughed up if it means I get my junk...and besides, I have a gigantic Viking who can heal me by cutting himself...that's totally normal." She laughs.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Beovyn crossed his arms.
"You don't know how wrong about magic you are. In my time magic was everywhere. It was a primordial force that could be wielded to great and terrible ends. It rewrote reality instead of this weak bending that we do now. It has withered and is dying just like this world, because of the awakened that think as you do. Magic is a muscle. Use it or it will wither and die. I will not let it die." He sighed.
"Your brother could come back to take the place of these pushers. Think bigger. You could have what you need without having to do anything but take it. Also know that if you get hurt because you let it happen, I will not heal you."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:16 pm

She  lets out a puff of air,  like she's just had someone explain a complex math equation.

"See, this is why people like me don't get far. Not really burdened with an overabundance of brains. I'm not the planner,  I have one thing that works so I don't stray too far from the tried and true results. And some guys get off knocking around girls and making them cry. When you're broke,  alls well that ends well."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:06 pm

He stepped towards her.
"You could just not be broke. Or not rely on money. You could even live the weak, lazy lifestyle of today without needing to take a beating. Not that I recommend such nonsense. You have an opportunity to, with only a few changes, rise above where you are. To be stronger. And do it all without giving up your highs."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:18 pm

"You disapprove?" she asks with confusion. "I figured someone taking whatever steps needed to get by would be something someone like you would appreciate...."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:26 pm

He smirked.
"Would it matter if I did disapprove?"

He crossed his arms again before continuing.
""You say you are just taking the steps needed, yet I offer you new steps to get the same result while improving your circumstance, and you hesitate. He paused.
"Letting yourself be beaten sits poorly with me, but what sits worse is that you don't have to. You have other options now."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:42 pm

She bristles at his unspoken accusation. "Look, grandpa, I've been at this a long time. I know cell phones and vibrators work, but I'm not asking you to give up fucking whoever you want and stop banging on rocks after knowing you for a few days."

She takes back the same amount of steps he's taken towards her, her posture becoming more defensive.

She scratches at her neck and tries to keep herself from shifting her weight from side to side. "Can you just maybe not try to tell me everything ever in my fucking life is wrong!?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 pm

He stopped moving forward.
"Whether on purpose or not, you are misunderstanding me. I haven't said anything you were doing is wrong. Just inefficient, and not something I would do. I'm just offering what I think are better ways. And doing so, for reasons beyond me, without expectation of payback."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:00 am

She threw up her hands. "What is it with you and your baby mama? Doing things for nothing. See, that makes no sense. Everyone wants something. So maybe I should ask you what you really want? There has to be something in it for you."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:09 am

His expression changed to frustration, but it didn't seem to be at her.
"You are right. Usually there is always something. Whether money, sex, station, even honor or pride. Whatever the reason, the cost doesn't seem to be yours."
He shook his head.
"I urge you take advantage of my help, but you will do what you will."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:27 am

"I am taking advantage of your help. I'm cleaning your house, sleeping on the floor on dead animals, I'm trying to understand you and your traditions. I'm freezing almost all day. I peed in a hole. I'm trying here...and I  know you think my ways are bullshit...I just...I'm. Having a hard time here. I'm playing Thor's retarded pupil here while my brother might need me...I just need to feel the warmth in my veins... If I had money or something to trade...I would...I don't like feeling out of control when I know I could crush those dickweeds like a grape. I might like to work around the ass beatings...but it's sometimes that, or having to fuck them...and I won't do that..."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:42 am

He returned his gaze to her. "If you want we will work on making it so you don't have to be beaten or fucked." He looked around the wall near the forge were a few weapons he had made were hung. None like his axe, but still of incredible quality. He chose a dagger, and brought it over to Tori, handle out.
"For now pay with this. Whether in their hand or their chest, I don't care, but it gives you time to think on the alternatives."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:49 am

She looks from the blade to him, like a dog being handed a steak, but expecting to be kicked.

"I just don't get it..." She says,  quickly snatching it from his palm. Fully anticipating some invisible shoe to drop, she watched his shoulders to possibly see any telegraphed strikes before they happen.

"But just...thank you." She says,  in a quick,  fluid motion,  she rushes at him and gives him a grateful, if not very firm hug.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:56 am

At first he stood stiff, surprised at her reaction. After a couple of beats, however, his arms wrapped around her. He gave her a squeeze, but was sure to check his strength.
"You are...welcome." he said if only a bit awkwardly. He let go of the embrace after another second.
"Just don't spread it around too much. I have a reputation to uphold." he said with a smirk.
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:03 am

"Yeah Yeah." She says, letting go. "I get it. You're Vigo the mighty fuckening Viking Smith of yesteryear...and I won't say any different." She might have actually smiled, but quickly put on her best apathetic face.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:15 am

He raise a brow quickly, but let it fall away.
"Don't be gone over long. Dinner will be ready before the evening sets in, and there are horse shoes and the like to be made before morning to be traded for a nice young hog, and they aren't going to make themselves."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 am

She looked at him with a sideways stare and then soon her head dismissively. "This is most definitely the weirdest week I've ever been in. Hey old man, anything you need from town?" she asks as she searches under a section of fur die the keys to the borrowed car.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:31 am

He headed back to the forge, but glanced back as she asked her question.
"I do not, young lady." With that he continued on to the forge. He stoked the fire again, and turned the piece of red hot metal. He looked back up, and followed her with his gaze.
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:36 am

She took the blade and keys and toddled off without a second glance. He's hear a car grumble to life an she takes off.

About two hours later she comes back with a bloody nose, bloody knuckels and a bag from Walgreens

Last edited by Tori on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:39 am

She was greeted by the striking of a hammer, but as she crossed the threshold it stopped. A still shirtless, and slightly sooty Beovyn walked forward from the forge. He looked her over before speaking.
"And how does the other guy look?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 am

She smiles proudly. "He'll be hard pressed to hit another girl. I might even still have one of his teeth here somewhere." She grinned.

"And I got you a present."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:33 am

Beovyn grinned, and nodded in approval. He took the blade from his belt, but stopped when she mentioned a present.

"A present you say? I have one for you as well, but as I don't get many, I am curious. What is it that you have brought me?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:54 am

She looks at him and shrugs like it is no big deal. "I mean  whatever. I just saw something at a pawn shop and I thought you might be able to use the one thing. The other thing is totally selfish."  

She takes a bag out of the other grocery bag and holds it out to him,  turning away quickly as a show she didn't really care what he thought about it. Though she did sit down and look over at him over the table where she started setting out a syringe,  a lighter,  some rubber looking tubes and a spoon.

If he opened the bag,  he'd find a book,  a straight razor with a long leather strap for sharpening. And in the bottom, there is a small Norse style dragon hammer pendant.

Last edited by Tori on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Beovyn took a seat, and started laying out each item on his side of the table. He looked at the book ans smirked. Quickly he moved on. He examined the razor with the eye of a craftsman before moving on to the pendant.
"The pendant is quite thoughtful. Thank you."

He looked across the table to her.
"The blade is sharp, but it is small, and fragile. I wonder at why it was crafted in such a way... And this book." He chuckled.

"Is that for your sake?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next