Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting( Closed Gabriel Grayson)

3 posters

Go down

A meeting( Closed Gabriel Grayson) Empty A meeting( Closed Gabriel Grayson)

Post by Imperator Nigrum Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Harlan watched from the window as a Tesla Roadster arrived in his driveway.

"He enjoys being high profile doesn't he?" he mused to himself out loud as he watched the ostentatious display of prestige park outside.

Sending a construct that resembled a young woman to the front door Harlan waited in his parlor for his guest.

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

A meeting( Closed Gabriel Grayson) Empty Re: A meeting( Closed Gabriel Grayson)

Post by GabrielGrayson Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm

When he was led into the room that Harland was occupying, he was wearing his signature black suit and shirt, and purple paisley tie. He approached and offered a hand. "Adept Major Covington, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Block Island, RI
He had been sitting there back in his apartment, fiddling with a few lines of code. Space could, in fact, be defined via numbers - GPS made it logical. So, it you simply took the fact that the World was constantly moving, and rather than having Global Positioning, and did Universal Positioning, then by a simple derivation, you could -

Somewhere, in Ohio. In apparently a Parlor.
- you could, "What the Fuc-" the rest was more lost as the floorboards came up really fast. At least not terminal velocity fast, but faster than they should. That, and he already had the irony taste of blood in his mouth. Even through the reflective lenses of his mirror shades, he saw stars. Felt pain as he became a pancake. An awakened being could certainly do amazing things, but getting the wind knocked out of you still sucked like a three dollar whore on prom night.

"Jesus Fucking Christ, the hell was... that?" mental note - not in Rhode Island anymore. Or Kansas. He knew Kansas. "Oh. Sup Gabby."
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 pm

The crash startled Harlan. He jumped back and took in what had just happened.

A man in mirror shades....in the parlor.....

"Aegis!" The boy yelled as palpable forces effects layered the room.

What is the meaning of this? He looked to Gabriel waiting for an answer

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 pm

He slowly sat up, putting his palm to his forehead, "Christ, really? Can we stop with the magic... I got the worse fucking backlash headache right now." this was gonna be a long day.
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Gabriel pulled a foci at the sound of the fall. It was a roughly two foot red mahogany rod tapered to a point with symbols carved down it's length. He chastised himself mentally for When he was "greeted" by Ryan, he held it down at his side. "He'll use some terms like an 'Enlightened Scientist', but I know him to be a member of the Euthanatos. Of course it's at your discretion if you'd like to double-check."

He doesn't seem to want to address Ryan directly, at least not right away.
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Harlan looked at the man as he stood. Giving him a once over.

"Bertlham!"

The effects subsided

"Is someone going to explain this?" The juxtaposition of this boy asking the two adults explain themselves to him may be uncomfortable for some as he crossed his shoulders.

"Also, I need something... Mika! Cake!"

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm

The Ancient Death Mage just gave a flat look at the pair of them, dusting himself off. "I'll give you the short, simple answer kid. I bodyslid. Vector movement. Or, if you prefer, I connected the essence of space, bound it with my Atman, and found myself transported... or we could just all agree I fucking used Correspondence and apparently have moved onto the next level of learning. Painfully. Can I get a damn glass of water?" The peacoat settled well enough as he took off his mirror shades, cleaning the lenses on his undershirt. His eyes were dark, the dark of someone far older than his face, but aside from that they seemed normal at the moment.

He put them back on, pressing them into place. "Who's the munchkin?" he asked of Gabriel.
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:43 pm

He looks derisively at the Death Mage. It was a ballsy question for the guy who accidentally teleported himself into the middle of an erratic Hermetic's home. "This is Harlan Covington. Adept Major of my Order. You could show him a modicum of respect."

He shouldn't have expected much from the man who's idea of a good time was trading favors for blowjobs from the Fair Folk.
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 pm

There were about ten different things he wanted to say. He bit back most of them. "I really, really hate when people pull out the old terms. It's what fucked us over in the first place. Whatever. Another time for that rant. Nice to meet you Harlan. I'm Ryan. Bani Euthanatos. Adept. And apparently, now a Disciple of Correspondence. Surprise." he dusted off his jacket. Looked at the blood that was dripping slowly from his nose, and wiped it on the sleeve of the coat as well. Strangely, the material didn't seem to change, or be harmed be it. The blood just.. faded into the fiber.

"Let this be a lesson. Likely mostly to me. Don't try learning a Sphere into two paradigms at once. While it does cut down on the time, the headache ain't fucking worth it."

To be fair, even the Dreaming made sure it was good head.
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Harlan, surprisingly, was used to being called a munchkin; even for his age, he was a little short. It was still a bit hard for him to calm down seeing as another Mage had managed to teleport himself into his home. He listened as the Death Mage explained himself. Euthanatos...well, this was going to be pleasant.

As Ryan took off his glasses, Harlan could see the age behind his stare. It was one that becomes all to familiar when dealing with Mages of the Hermetic Order.

"Well met Ryan. I am Harlan Covington bani Bonisagus bani Hermes, Adept Major of the Order of Hermes. We could have a long discussion about how you managed to pull a fantastic stunt like that but I think I would rather begin my original conversation."

A woman appears in the room holding a large Chocolate Cake on a tray with several plates next to it. She places it on the table and leaves.

"Thank You Mika. Gabriel, Ryan, please sit down. I'll have Mika bring you something to wash the blood out of your mouth. Wouldn't want to ruin the taste of the cake. " A smile spreads across his face. "Suprisingly enough, this conversation...in a way involves both of you."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Gabriel shook his head. "Find yourself in a Hermetic's house and you complain about the old terms. Might as well wander into a Virtual Adept's server room and get flustered at all the wiring. Has everyone in Rhode Island just grown accustomed to your lack of tact, or do they get frustrated by it as well?"

He takes a seat, gratefully taking a piece of cake. He avoids digging in till Harlan and Ryan are seated, and the discussion begins. "Well, you certainly have my attention. I'll admit, at first I was thinking you were calling me over to foist an apprentice on me, amongst whatever other things. What could an Adept of House Flambeau and a Euthanatos do for you? Someone need killed?" It was the most obvious inference, at least as far as he could surmise.
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm

He smirked, putting the shades atop his head and turned a chair around so he could lean his forearms on the high back. "Battery of question answers, in due order:

1. Not really a stunt. Trust me, if I was going to 'port purposely, I'd have chosen somewhere else. I hear small tropical Islands are in this year. (he would tick off the answers with his fingers)

2. More of a bagel kinda guy. But I'll take the water at least. Don't wanna lose my girlish figure.

3. (and now he was looking at Gabby) I didn't purposely pop into a Hermetic Home. I remember when the terms were fucking coined. They annoyed me then, they annoy me now. And I smack VA's when they go off on technobabble trying to show off to their tumblr girlfriends. Perspective. It comes with time.

4. Yep, they understand that I'm blunt, straight forward, and usually right. So since social niceties change depending on when and where you're from, they're a bit more open minded. PC is a recent idea, and one that's pretty pointless in the long run.

5. If it's killing, then Fate is obviously still pissed off at me.
"
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm

"You don't like cake?" Harlan looked perturbed at the notion but had Mika offer him the water nonetheless.

The kid seemed to be taken aback at the notion that he would ask people here to kill someone else.

"Killing? No, that's not it at all. Actually Gabriel, I asked you here to commend you for making in-roads with the Mages outside your direct sphere of influence. But it seems that your diplomacy and goodwill may just be a strange confluence of fate" He says as he looks at Ryan.

Harlan stops for a moment to slice himself a huge piece of cake.

"I believe it behooves of us to stay in contact with one another. The greatest strength of the Technocratic Union is it's lines of communication. Meanwhile, we, the Traditions could be losing one another and never be the wiser. If you don't mind Gabriel, I would ask that you would keep doing what you are doing. and I would appreciate it if you could perhaps connect some the the Awakened of this area with those far afield Ryan, I would ask the same favor of you but I am willing to compensate you seeing as you are not a member of my Tradition."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm

"Since I was part of the group pioneering the communication front, I don't need payment. I just need people to see past their Tradition, and realize that we have a chance, a real chance, to build something right. And if I have to break down the history lesson of why, really why the Union came to be, why we lost and so forth, I will. Hell, our guys and a few other chantries are still working on a few ideas to spread and gain faster connections to each other. On purpose, rather than 'surprise, incoming Cop.'... which reminds me, I need to text the Captain real quick." as he pulled out his phone and swiped his thumb a few times.
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm

He nods his head at Harlan's words. He regretted his dark leanings. "Yes, of course. That's certainly the one thing we can all agree on, is that we stand little chance making any headway against our enemies without each other. It's why the Traditions were brought together in the first place, yes? Clearer heads saw a need for cooperation. I apologize for my assumption. I had not originally expected to join my House. But needs were what they were, and I've had to harden my heart more than I would have liked. Still, it is what it is. I'd actually heard there was another member of the Order out this way, and I was in the process of getting in touch with him. Though I don't know of the other Traditions in the area."

He looks to Ryan. "Would you like a ride back, later? I could use a drive, and an opportunity to meet the others of your Chantry I didn't have the chance to meet the last time we'd spoken."
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm

The Death Mage said his words and took to sending his message. Which reminded Harlan the he needed a cell phone.

"That sounds excellent!"

"Yes, I would like to invite you to come to my home this Friday. Gabriel. Perhaps meet some of the others you would be working with. It would also give you a chance to meet with Magister Munther. I'm sure he's the one you've heard of.

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Ryan shrugged a shoulder, letting the phone's screen go black. "There are a few Chantries around here that I'm sure would love to network. Especially the Xavier's Institute for Gifted Children."
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Gabriel takes out his own device, discreetly swiping a quick message before sliding it back into his coat. "I may just take you up on that invitation, thank you Adept Major. Is there anything else you'd be interested in discussing while I'm here?"

The plate was put aside when he'd finished.

He raised a hand in the air as if to say it didn't really matter to him. "Well, it's up to you. I could rent you a car, if you'd prefer. Or a plane ticket, but flying sounds awful right now. You know, you really missed out on the cake."
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm

"Well, if we drive, I'd say we visit the other Chantry near here. They're working on a bridge and we could maybe help with that. Get us some good karma out of it all. Plus I could go beat that DJ's head in again."
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Eating another slice of cake, Harlan looks as though he's thinking to himself.

"No, I believe that's all."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

He'd swing his leg over as he got up, stretching.
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielGrayson Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am

Gabriel stood as well. "Well then, I suppose we'll be off. Thank you for the hospitality. I'm sure Friday will be an interesting meet and greet."
GabrielGrayson
GabrielGrayson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Summers Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 pm

He gave a two finger salute, "I'm sure I'll see ya around."
Ryan Summers
Ryan Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down