Be Our Guest (tag Fidget)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be Our Guest (tag Fidget)

Post by Dr. Quantum on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Reinhard waited relaxedly in his study, planning out his next search locations in the Gernsback Continuum. He had the sort of perfect posture one might expect of a mechanical being, though he still moved with the slow and steady pace of a man well beyond his years. Sun Cheng was making sure everything was tidied up, which wasn't much of a problem with how often the good doctor had been away recently. He'd had an invitation sent to Fidget by whatever her preferred medium was, inviting her around for tea and lively discussion.
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be Our Guest (tag Fidget)

Post by Fidget on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:59 pm

A beat up looking pick up truck pulled up the drivewayin the evening. With the amount of scratches and dents in the Frankensteined body one would think the engine would be incredibly loud, but it was as quite as a hybrid. The young Hispanic parked and slid out of the truck. She appeared nervous as she made her way to the door, hastily trying to tame her frizzy hair as she walked.

With a timid knock, barely audible, she shifted nervously while she waited for him to answer. Her eyes drifted to admire the house while she waited.
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 am

He told his assistant to wait a moment, and rose to answer the door himself. She seemed a shy girl, and he didn't want to frighten her away with his zombie butler. He took a few extra seconds to cloak the man to hide the more unseemly features, and sent him off to boil some water. The door opened swiftly, and he waved her inside. "Please, please, come in. We can take a seat in the living room for the time being. Any sort of tea you're particular to? Sun Cheng makes a lovely Oolong."
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:33 am

She gave her fellow Etherite a shy smile as he ushered her inside. Obeying, she stepped inside, but then looked puzzled at his question. A look of horror like she just realised she hasn't studied for a test washed over her features as she tried to think of what types of teas she even knew about. After a few seconds of thought she meekly answered "green", but it came out sounding more like a question than an answer.

She shoved her hands into her baggy, oil-stained cargo pants too keep from fidgeting while she waited to see if that was the right answer
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:38 am

The doctor smiled reassuringly. "It's alright not to know, of course. I'll have a variety brought in." He touched a button on his watch. "Sun Cheng. If you could bring the Earl Grey, Gyokuro Imperial and some Oolong, please."

Folding his hands in his lap for a moment, he smiled again. He hoped it was remotely comforting coming from his metalic features. About twenty seconds later, a Chinese man dressed in simple clothes set a tea set with several cups and adjoining pots down on a large tray between them and left just as quickly. "Now, feel free to sample each, and drink what you like. Don't worry about the excess. It's only leaves and water."
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:31 pm

She seemed to relax just a fraction at his reassurance, but still seemed stuff and unsure of herself. She nodded slightly, offering the smallest hint of a smile as she watched his friend being in the teas. The stranger was gone before she could get up the nerve to greet him, so she simply turned her attention to the various teas laid out before her.

tentatively she reached out and poured a small amount of tea from the closet kettle. Sitting back she looked him over slowly before finally speaking. "so what can I help you with Dr. Quantum? "
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm

He raised his glass and took a sip. "Gyokuro Imperial Green. My usual imported brand hasn't been available recently, but it's certainly the best green tea you can find in the states normally."

"I'm not certain if there's anything you could help me with, just yet. I was more interested in getting to know the other Scientists in my area. Especially one young and brimming with potential, like yourself. The way you talk about machines is fascinating, as if they have their own thoughts and feelings. Are you from Defiance, originally?"
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Though she was clearly out of her league when it came to the tea talk she smiled politely and took interest in his knowledge.   "I don't think I've ever had imported tea before"

His compliment made her blush shyly and shake her head in denial.   "I don't think I'brimming with any kind of potential.   I'm just a simple mechanic.   All this magic stuff is a little hot send me" she admittedly honestly

A look of fear or discomfort flashed across her face before she could conceale it "I've been in Defiance most of my life. It feels like home to me"
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:18 am

He raised a hand in caution. "Everyone is entitled to their secrets. I won't press any further on the subject."

Taking a sip of his tea, he considered what other topics he'd hoped to discuss. "Have you traveled much, for fun? There's a place in the Philippines called the Enchanted River. No one has been successful either reaching the bottom, or catching any of the fish therein. I've been contemplating a trip there, to succeed where others have failed. Does that sound like something to your liking?"
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm

She looked at him for several minutes as if trying to decide if he was being serious or not. She doubted she would ever get used to being casually invited on exotic trips. Never before had she experienced such offers, but since becoming a mage she had received several. Finally she came out of her thoughts and shyly responded

"it sounds amazing. I've never heard of that place before. I don't think I could join you though.... " her head dipped, hiding her eyes to avoid his gaze. She seemed unhappy about her answer
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:05 pm

The doctor looked a bit saddened by her response. "Why not? A young scientist like yourself should enjoy her youth. Explore wonderous new things, before you grow old and weary. I'm only a few years old myself, and I have every intention of making use the decades I have ahead of me, to expand upon my creator's work, and forge my own path. Imagine if we found an ancient relic, and you were the one to coax it back to life! You'd be renowned worldwide."
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm

She laughed softly and shook her head. "I have no dreams of becoming famous. I don't think I'd want that kind of attention. I like the idea of exploring though... " she stared off for a few minutes, day dreaming about having such amazing adventures. With another shift laugh she shook her head again, add if trying to shake away the thoughts

"I have my job, and with my boss being away I've been covering for him..... Plus I don't think I could afford it..... "
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm

He quirked an eyebrow. It might have whirred just a little as it moved. You are aware I'm a well-off individual, yes? I can hire you to work for me. And I'm very liberal with my employee's schedules. As far as affording the trip, that's what research grants are for, of course."
Dr. Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fidget on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm

She opened her mouth to answer, but then shut it without saying a word. Why is it that every mage seemed to be rich?? Clearly she had to be doing something wrong because she was still just as poor as ever! With a small amount of panic she wracked her brain for another answer she could give him without insulting him or making it seem like she didn't want to when what he said earlier finally sank in

"wait.... You're how old?? "
Fidget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top