Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Riddle of Steel (Tori)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Riddle of Steel (Tori) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Riddle of Steel (Tori)

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 pm

"Hmph. Very well." he said before making his way to the forge. He took one of his works-in-progress, a dagger, off of a shelf, and started to polish it. His thoughts and emotions locked up inside. Only the set of the jaw betrayed any feeling. The clench much more slight than usual, but still there.
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:20 pm

"That's it? Very well?"  she said,  placing the bowl on the ground and lifting John to a standing position before sweeping an arm under his weak legs and scooping him up. 

"Good to know..." she says, walking towards the car,  keys in hand. Her thoughts equally quiet to him.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 pm

He slammed the dagger through the table as the cold wind exploded forth.
"What the fuck do you want from me woman!" he roared.

"I tell you I want you to stay you get angry, and want to leave. I keep my feelings to myself, and you get angry and leave! Tell me what you want!" he bellowed as he followed her.
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:34 pm

She turns to face him looking tired. "I need to work to make money. And I need to take John to the bathroom. I wasn't storming out." she looks eyes with him.

"I might be gone from time to time. Who knows if people will get squirrely and fight? I can't tell you what I don't know... I was just trying to tell you about my life...and frankly, I have no idea what I want... But hit wanting me to stay... Freals me the hell out... "

Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:47 pm

"Jeg må være gal ... Jeg forbanner dere for dette, Loke!" he shouted to the air with his arms up. He looked back to Tori.

~Whether it freaks you out or not, I want you to stay. I don't care how much that bothers me. It is the truth of the matter. Thoughts of you leaving to stay elsewhere make me feel in ways I do not care for, worse than admitting the other. So every time you say you are going to go stay elsewhere or go completely, it has an effect, whether I voice it or not.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:18 pm

~What. What does it make you feel, Odin? Like your independence isn't yours anymore? That you have no control over your future? That even If you want to, there will be nothing again that will ever make you feel like who you thought you were without me here?~ she says backing away a bit to protect John from his outburst.

"Or am I missing something?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 pm

He breathed heavily, his fists clenched. His eye was wide, as he ground his teeth.
~That is most of it...Fine. Yes.~ He let an unsaid warning pass between them. A cautioning of sorts for her to think carefully before deciding what to do with what he had just shared.
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 pm

She moved briefly, to lay John back down carefully. It was clear something was about to happen and she didn't want to have to use her twin brother as a weapon should Beovyn decide to get fighty.

She put herself between him and John and faced him, staring into his eye. ~Then what is it? What has you so upset you don't want me leaving for a few hours?~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 pm

The question hung between them for a moment as he made a decision.
~Because I worry that you will make good on your threats to go, and I won't be there to convince you to stay. You are a free woman with every right to come and go, and work as you please, but the concern remains.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 pm

She frowns. "Your problem is that if I leave your hall, I may not come back?" she shakes her head, confused. "What stops anyone at all ever?"

~You don't ask this of baby-mama...nor, I am assuming, anyone else with whom you tried to spread your seed...they can leave whenever and never see you again...~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 pm

~Our situation is different, you are different. You know this, why must I say it, even in our minds.~

The winds of his anger continued to blow.

Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:15 pm

~Because I am waiting for you to say what is actually on your mind...you've already said you will be upset if I go...I get it...what is actually getting at you?~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 pm

He shrugged.
~I don't know, a lot of things. Most you already know. I am vexed that it all bothers me so. And am more so that you get me to speak on it.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:41 pm

She shifts her weight to one hip, crossing her arms over her chest. ~If I have to share a brain with you until the end of eternity, the not talking about shit is gonna have to go...~

She stares at him for a long moment. ~Tell me what mesmerizing is.~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:49 pm

He looked off behind her.~ Enchanting...Enthralling... Hypnotic... Watching you moved me.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 pm

"Oh..." she says out loud, she forced a scowl and scratched the side of her face. She grumbled something that might have been a term of appreciation, or it could have been Greek. She mostly looked uncomfortable and walked back past him to grab a mug and filled it up.

"Maybe I should eat..."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 am

His eye returned to her as she started to grumble, and followed he as she moved.
"That would be good." he said as he searched for his own cup.

"Are you sure you want us to start talking about shit? That means you have to talk about your shit as well."
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:28 am

"If it means you'll stop pouting... I will try." she fill both mugs, her eyes not looking at his one, scrutinizing eye.

~You get one question.~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:50 am

He shook his head. "You do know that perhaps only one or two other people in all of time could talk to me as you do without tasting their own blood, yes?"

He sighed.
~One question for now, I can accept, but if I am to air out that which troubles me, and otherwise lay myself open and vulnerable to you, then I expect the same from you. Not that you haven't, but my figuring something out is hardly you sharing it with me as you ask me to with you.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 am

She shrugs. "I am not sure why you stay your hand."

"And I am limiting to one question know because it's a trade. You have expected a great deal of me in the last few weeks. I've practically given up everything I know to be here to make you comfortable...I'm only asking for quarter when you are pushing me farther..."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 am

His eye narrowed. "I'm not sure either, but I do."

He took a seat in his chair. After a long moment of consideration he spoke.
"Why do you stay?"
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am

She frowns. "You asked." she says simply. She left the rest of that statement unsaid.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

"Ha! That can't be the whole of it."

~If something holds your tongue, think it instead. I find it easier than speaking the things that I wish no ears to hear.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 am

She turns her back to him to down her mug. "See, this is where we fight."

~I say something simply and you want deeper.~ She dramatically sighs aloud.

~I am not a thriver...I survive for Johnny...I do not know what to do. You asked me to stay...begged more like it. You seemed to need me. I've never had that. It usually makes me bolt...but I can't. Even if I left.~
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Beovyn Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:14 am

He found insult in some of her words, and that was evident in his face, but he defiantly chewed it down.
~You seem to want me to fight you, but I will not. That just distracts from the core of things. I think you stay because part of you wants to. I think you are becoming as fond of me as I am of you, though it scares you. I think that you would rather incite me to violence than face that.~
Beovyn
Beovyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next