Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shogun Calls (11/7/14)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Shogun Calls (11/7/14) Empty The Shogun Calls (11/7/14)

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Brentley would get a call or voicemail from the Russian, calling himself "Rapsputin". "We need to talk shop, come meet me outside the mead hall, I've got someone new for you to meet, too."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

The Shogun Calls (11/7/14) Empty Re: The Shogun Calls (11/7/14)

Post by Brentley Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:03 pm

"Shop? Like shop we can't talk over the phone? Yeah, alright." he replied and then chuckled. "I still can't believe you threw down on that guy in the rap battle. I'm pretty sure your accent canned him before your rhyme did."

But, in a span of maybe an hour? He would arrive. Battered jeans and a long sleeved thermal shirt. Still just as California-looking, maybe a little more so these days. Time away from Defiance could do a lot under the sun. When he came to the mead hall, he was carrying a white plastic bucket with him. It had a sticker that read "Killer Bee Honey".
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Arkadi was as burly and bearded as ever. His heavy coat all black attire suited the dark sky and rainy atmosphere that had been present the last few days. "Hey my man, what it look like? You look like you've been off enjoying yourself."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 pm

"I needed to get some sun. You know how it goes. It gets nasty around here and I couldn't handle it. But here I am, coming back for the fucking snow." he replied, but walked up to embrace the bear-like man in a wimpy version of a crushing grip.

"What's the deal? Everything okay?"
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

"Yes, kind of. For the most part. From what they tell me, Jun Pei is getting antsy, but Beovyn and Evelyn had a kid who's almost grown up already and supposed to stop him. Some sort of prophecy crap. You know that's not what I show up for. Really, I called because I know you have connections, like I have connections. There's a new bird named Tori around here who can't find her brother, and I told her I'd help, but my people aren't giving me the answers I need to have something to follow up on. I was hoping you could put out your own feelers. She's learning smithing from Beovyn while I try and track him down."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:47 pm

"...you called me for some broad?" he asked, and then looked sharp over his shoulder like Emma might show up at any second. Then, he looked back at Arkadi. "...some broad? for real? Ugh... Fine. Who is she? She coming? Is she back there singing the Edda and banging out some shields or something?"
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm

He accepted the hug, adding the bear to it. "Hey, home town hero, maybe act like people matter for a second? She's not a viking, she's a druggie. She's the muscle, and her brother is the brains, from what she told me. I took in a stray, so sue me. You got my back or what? By the way, Taito has been running your Master's shop. You should maybe check in on him while you're here, if you don't have to run right back to the beach."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:55 pm

"People matter... I just don't have to like how quick they change gears..." he grumbled, but lost his breath at the squeeze from the larger man. Beating his chest with a hand, he nodded and accepted the rebuke.

"I've got your back. And Taito was always better at running that shop anyway. It's just bad memories. I'll... stop in, though. And man, the beach is way too far away. I ain't got that Munther-mobile like some people. So how've you been? Aside from strays."
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm

"I just keep on keeping on, as is my way. I recently started teach a bear changer at my gym. So that's pretty cool. Every now and again something pops it's head up and I beat it down. So it goes. What have you been doing with yourself, then, if you haven't been away?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 pm

A tall, broad shouldered young woman steps into the space carrying a bowl. Her hair was the color of corn silk and though she looks like she could have been pretty, it seems that she had not been taking very good care of herself. She look tired her hair was slightly unkempt. She was wearing large denim overalls and a large flannel shirt with a scarf wrapped tightly around her neck. When she saw Arkadi, she would smile brightly.

"Hey Ivan,  you big Russian bastard! How are you?" she would pause a moment before moving closer to him speaking in hushed tones,  worried Beovyn might hear her. "Got any h? I'd be super grateful..." She grins lewdly.

"Who's your friend?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:04 am

"Just... trying to keep studies together." he began before the young woman came along. He smiled and gave a little wave, offering that half-step back so that she could conduct her transaction in peace. Clearly, he wasn't unfamiliar with the street method.

"I'm Brent. You must be the gal he was talking about a bit ago. How's it?" he asked, reaching his hand out for the fist-bump.
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:25 am

"I'm doing well, thank you. I had a feeling you'd ask. I'll take my payment later, since I know where you're staying now." He hands her over a paper bag from his coat.

He looked to Brent again. "Tori's the one looking for her brother. Studies? Like college courses, or you and the golden emperor, washing the floors and beating your fists in the bucket?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 am

She jumps over to kiss Arkadi on the cheek an swipes the bag from his hands. "You are the best, daddy! Wait, do you know where Johnny is?" she looks over the the other man, eying his outstretched arm.

"Hey man. You feelin' punchy, Brent?"

Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

"Yeah, that's not creepy at all." he said, looking up at Arkadi with an arched eyebrow, but then looked back to the woman. "It's... a fist bump. You bump fists." he said patiently.

"And no, I don't know where Johnny is. But in a backwards way? You do. And I bet you could find him with some help."
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 am

"It's how she practices her craft. No judgement, Brentley. I'm a helper."

He laughed at Tori's predictable habit induced behavior. " No one has really seen shit, so I called in my friend, here."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:13 am

She seems disappointed, but focuses it on Brent. "How about you shake a lady's hand, buddy. Have some class."

She extends her hand next to his fist. "I hold out a fist to somebody I plan on fighting, and I far prefer to be the lover."

She watches him closely. "So tell me how I can find Johnny?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:17 am

The man made a little 'tsk' and lowered his hand. "What you do with your fist is all your business. You keep your culture and I'll stick with mine." he replied mildly, even lifting his shoulders a little. "And sometimes, a fight can be hot. Just saying."

Her question had him looking past her to Arkadi. "What's been tried already? Just folks using wizardry and throwing runes around, or something?"
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:35 am

Arkadi chuckled a little. "A fight can be hot, but this one hits about as hard as I do."

He looks at Brentley like he'd just cropdusted the place. "We had the same Master, Brent. First thing I did was put a few lines out and see if anything bit. Then I started pounding the pavement. But if you'll help me, I'm sure we could find him through other means."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:45 am

The woman just sat and watched the exchange between the two men sizing Brent up.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am

Brent, as far as size went, was a lithe and lean sort of man. He wasn't carrying a surfeit of brawn and he certainly didn't have battered knuckles or scraped fingers. A person would be hard pressed to think that he'd ever lifted a weight in his life.

His expression was, for a moment, angry. But he closed his eyes a moment and let that sensation roll off. "We did have the same Master. But you know that I had to ask. You know how people rely too heavily on all that stuff and not enough on the street. I imagined that others had tried to help her already and failed."
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 am

He put up a hand. " Be at peace, brother. I mean no offense. She found me first, so unless Beovyn has started slinging runes at this since I brought her here, it hasn't happened yet."
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 pm

She smiled finally at Brent. "See, I knew I'd like you. A man after my own heart. I think too many....weirdos forget that beating pavement can be the easiest way to get shit done...I try never to use that other stuff much myself."
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentley Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 pm

"Just wizards, in the end. And if that's how it suits them? To use magic for everything? Those are tools in their toolboxes, and I won't give them too much real shit. I mean, I'll give them shit for being Gandalf looking for his car keys. But, you get me." he explained, and looked around.

"We gonna sit somewhere, or something? Wanna go chill somewhere and talk shop?" the young man suggested finally, offering a thumbs-up to Tori. "Well, I'm not going to say that this might not skirt into the weirdo-town, but we'll try everything else first."
Brentley
Brentley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Tori looks up, at seemingly nothing. She stands quickly.

"Hey, I got a lead. You girls coming with?"
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkadi Barkov Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:51 pm

"Word from on-high?" He looked at Brent. "Bit of a coincidence, you showing up right on time, eh, my friend?"
Arkadi Barkov
Arkadi Barkov

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum