Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium)

2 posters

Go down

Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium) Empty Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium)

Post by Dr. Quantum Thu May 01, 2014 4:04 pm

After the madness that was their trip, the Doctor had stayed in the Waterworks to discuss things with the recently resurrected Metropolis. "I believe we have a few things to talk about."
Dr. Quantum
Dr. Quantum

Back to top Go down

Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium) Empty Re: Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium)

Post by Imperator Nigrum Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

He was sitting in a wingback chair, it certainly made him feel important.((Empathic Projection: Importance))

"I suppose we do." He posture was that of a man who had committed no crimes. Hands folded on top of crossed legs.

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium) Empty Re: Devil in the Details (Metropolis, after Inventium)

Post by Dr. Quantum Fri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

"I wont lie and say I don't think you should reconsider how you operate, but it wasn't me who called the Ethics Committee. I suggested it to Jasper as a way of convincing him to bring you out of your little corner of hell. We saw the way he'd been treating you, before we figured out how to pull you out."

He pulls a grenade off of his belt and sets it on a workbench. "A party favor."

"If you're offended by the way I went about that, we can discuss it further, but if we're fine, I have some more business to discuss."
Dr. Quantum
Dr. Quantum

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Fri May 02, 2014 6:52 pm

"Eh, I can't imagine the smucks they are going to put together on a board. So We're fine. What's really up?"

He looked down at the Grenade. "Not the sort of party favor I'm used to."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 pm

"I'm tired of everyone getting caught with their pants around their ankles. If the Technocrats bust in, I'm sure you know how to use one of these. They picked a clever base in that hospital, or I''d have chucked a few in as soon as I'd finished making them. I don't belive for a second that Nausbaum is really retiring, or that whatever group of It-X hit Harlan's manor are done with us." He shrugs.

"Besides, I've got that little club started with Dr. de Haven and Dr. Ion, building arms for the Tradition. Which is were you can help me. I need the X-5 out of your bar. And if you're willing, your help making my own ship."

A pause to let him consider that for a moment.

"I didn't get to tell you when we were trotting across etherspace, but it's come to my attention the original von Luftwitz is still alive, meaning I have some work to do developing a proper identity for myself. Name, and such. There's always a chance his second attempt failed completely, as he hasn't followed through on a deal with Harlan, but even so, I'd hardly feel right keeping the full title."

Last edited by Dr. [Redacted] on Fri May 02, 2014 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bold and color.)
Dr. Quantum
Dr. Quantum

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Tue May 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Looking down at the Grenade, the doctor thought for a few moments as the conversation continued on.
"Well, I don't right know what you would call yourself...something indicative of your new status for sure..." He scratched his chin hairs.

"As far as your ship is concerned...I could do that....provided that we have a shipyard... We'll have to build that first. And no, you cannot have my X5. A woman gave that to me."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum Tue May 06, 2014 5:08 pm

"I'm sure women give you all sorts of things, some of which are curable with Penicillin. It's a shame, I could have used one for the sake of reverse engineering, and I'd have preferred to obtain it without fighting a current Technocrat. But I won't try and force you to budge." He doesn't seem terribly thrilled with the answer, but he'd live.

"Are you sure we'll need to build a shipyard? I convinced my...creator that he'd had his visits to space, and I deserved my own. Not simply the memory of such a thing. As such, if you can get a hold of someone at Victoria Station, that matter should be settled. It will still mean starting from scratch after all the work I'd begun to do at the Gernsbach, but it would save us some time at least."
Dr. Quantum
Dr. Quantum

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Wed May 07, 2014 2:48 pm

The doctor rolled his eyes at the comment. As if he hadn't made himself resistant to social diseases...

"Well, I would need to contact someone there. Then there is the matter of fees...and what not. It could get pricey before we ever even get to ship building."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Quantum Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 pm

"Well if money is the issue, it shouldn't be one. I am wealthy. If Tass is the currency however, I may have to try pulling a few strings. Keep me updated. And thank you. I'm glad we didn't lose a capable Scientist just to be rid of Jasper's demons." He'd tip his hat and prepare to leave unless the Doctor had any more to add.
Dr. Quantum
Dr. Quantum

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator Nigrum Thu May 08, 2014 12:12 am

"Well, I was lost for a minute according to Beovyn." He shook his head as if he were clearing something from it. "Well, it's going to be a little bit of column A and B as far as payment goes. I'll look into it."

Imperator Nigrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum