Uncertain Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13)

2 posters

Go down

Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13) Empty Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13)

Post by Dylan Gray Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Undoubtedly, there was one of the little hanging bells that jingled when someone entered the shop through the front door, and jingle it did. The man who entered doffed his wide-brim hat for a moment, before clamping it firmly on his head again. Stepping out of the way of the door, he spent a few moments taking in the layout of the little shop, eyes running over a few of the titles on the shelves, the arrangements of crystals and incense sticks, the cat lazily napping.

Presently, he began to step about, browsing quietly.
Dylan Gray
Dylan Gray

Back to top Go down

Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13) Empty Re: Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13)

Post by Emma Quinn Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Moments after the little tinkling sound heralding the arrival of a prospective customer, the Dreamspeaker came padding down from the upper level. The shop was warm in spite of the winter's chill, and she was wearing her typical skirts. Laying eyes on the private eye, she smiled pleasantly. "Dylan. To what do I owe the pleasure? It's chilly outside. Can I offer you some coffee or tea?"
Emma Quinn
Emma Quinn

Back to top Go down

Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13) Empty Re: Running Errands (Tag Emma, Open, Week of 12/30/13)

Post by Dylan Gray Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:36 am

"Hey, Emma." The older man's eyes bounced from the merchandise to the woman, and he launched a small smile. Dylan gave a gesture to the shop. "Now that I have a paycheck, I realized I could actually afford some of the stuff I need to...do what we do." If the cat seemed friendly, the detective gave it a rub behind the ear, then dangled a finger over it. After a moment, he glanced up again, remembering the second question. "Coffee would be great. I don't know how Brent managed the move from California, but this Ohio weather is just ridiculous."

"How goes the work week?"
Dylan Gray
Dylan Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Quinn Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 pm

The black cat eyed the private eye with a universal feline boredom before butting his head upward to accept the attention. Smiling pleasantly, Emma bustled around to pour a cup of coffee, black, and offer it to Dylan in a styrofoam cup. "Cream and sugar," she indicated with a gesture to packets and an unobtrusive mini fridge near the front counter. "Brent's not the only California transplant, you know. But he's got his ways of staying warm. Couldn't tell you what they are, though." Gathering a crocheted wrap around her shoulders, she leaned back against her counter.

"Work week's pretty typical. Nothing really out of the ordinary," she answered lightly. "Is there anything special you're in the market for?"
Emma Quinn
Emma Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Gray Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 pm

"Who else is from out that way? As far as I knew, it was just me and him." He accepted the drink, giving a shake of his head at the offer of add-ins. "I don't think you've told me much about life before Defiance." The words were as much a realization as they were a statement. Slowly, he took a pull on the coffee, burnt his tongue, and quietly cursed, blowing steam off the top.

"Living plants, for one. Dried herbs are less useful, but still good. Feathers and bones, some crystals...should get me started at least."
Dylan Gray
Dylan Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Quinn Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:55 pm

"Living plants are going to be a little tougher this time of year," she commented, sidestepping any conversation about her past with a small smile. "I don't generally tend to deal with those, anyway. Hannah or Josiah might have an idea where you could check for things like that. I mostly keep dried things in stock. An occult shop, even in a city with a, uh... a healthy population like ours isn't exactly a booming business. It's more cost-effective not to have things that have such a short window of viability. But everything else I can help you with. Supplies are upstairs." The Dreamspeaker flashed a small grin. "I've gotten more foot traffic looking like a bookstore, believe it or not. People seemed more prone to just peering in the windows at the eye-catching displays and moving on when I had the floors reversed. C'mon." Picking the black cat up, she draped him around her shoulders and headed upstairs.

"If there's something you need that I don't have out, I can probably get my hands on it, or at least point you in the right direction," she added.
Emma Quinn
Emma Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Gray Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

The dodge in subject matter earned a tiny grin, but the detective seemed content to move on to other things. "I did find a farmer's market that meets at the Northland Mall now and again," he volunteered. "Not quite what I was looking for, but it got the job done for what I needed at the moment." Dylan glances around the bookstore section of the shop one more time before following her up.
Dylan Gray
Dylan Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down